- THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL VERSION OF THE CSC 474 WEBSITE IN FALL 08. SOME OF THE LINKS ARE NO LONGER VALID.
- Posted on 11/29/08: Final study guide posted.
- Posted on 11/24/08: Homewok #4 posted. Due by 11:45pm on 12/08/08.
- Posted on 11/19/08: DNS Pharming lab instructions posted. Optional; 2 points extra credit. Due by 11:45pm on 12/02/08.
- Posted on 11/03/08: TCP/UDP lab instructions posted. Due by 11:45pm on 11/26/08 (extended).
- Posted on 10/14/08: Midterm exam papers returned. (Statistics: Mean 68.77; Median 70; Low 33; High 98; Grade distribution)
- Posted on 10/08/08: Homework #3 posted. Due by 11:45pm on 11/06/08.
- Posted on 09/26/08: Homework #2 posted. Due by 11:45pm on 10/04/08.
- Posted on 09/21/08: Quiz #1: We will have a quiz in class on 09/23/08 on basic number theory.
- Posted on 08/30/08: Homework #1 posted. Due by 09/18/08. You may need over 20 hours to finish all problems. Start early!
Course Catalog Description
Basic concepts and techniques in information security and management such as risks and vulnerabilities, applied cryptography, authentication, access control, multilevel security, multilateral security, network attacks and defense, intrusion detection, physical security, copyright protection, privacy mechanisms, security management, system assurance and evaluation, and information warfare. Coverage of high-level concepts such as confidentiality, integrity, and availability applied to hardware, software, and data.