- This course website is provided for your reference. Not all links are active.
- 11/19/09: Homework #5 posted.
- 10/30/09: Test images for contest posted. Check them out here.
- 10/28/09: Homework #4 posted.
- 10/27/09: Conest stage 2 officially starged. New bonus for the champion team. Check it out here.
- 10/27/09: Contest stage 1 concluded. Winning reports have been posted here.
- 10/16/09: Lab description posted. Note the three deadlines:
- Lab 1: due by 11:45pm on 11/09/09;
- Lab 2 and lab 3 (optional): due by 11:45pm on
- 10/16/09: Contest description posted. Check it out here.
- 10/14/09: Homework #3 posted.
- 10/05/09: Reference solution to quiz #3 posted. Good luck on your mid-term exam.
- 10/03/09: Reference solution to quiz #2 posted.
- 09/30/09: Reference solutions to Homework #1 and #2 posted.
- 09/28/09: Reference solution to quiz #1 posted.
- 09/16/09: Homework #2 posted.
- 09/09/09: Test vectors for AES coding problem in homework #1 posted.
- 08/30/09: Homework #1 posted.
- 08/14/09: Course website up.
Course Catalog Description
Security policies, models, and mechanisms for secrecy, integrity, and availability. Basic cryptography and its applications; operating system models and mechanisms for mandatory and discretionary controls; introduction to database security; securityin distributed systems; network security (firewalls, IPsec, and SSL); and control and prevention of viruses and other rogue programs.